The Repurpose Project is a friendly, creative, and fun place to volunteer!
Because we receive a high volume of material, we rely on volunteers to help process, package, and organize donations. We welcome volunteers who can commit to a regular schedule as well as one-time service groups. We are a fabulous place to fulfill community service hours.
Projects may include sorting, packaging, cleaning, organizing materials, and occasionally a hearty project in the yard. Let us know if you have any special skills that you think could help us out, such as fixing electronics, building maintenance, identifying antiques and jewelry, or anything else!
To get started, we ask that volunteers call (352-363-8902) or better yet, email us (firstname.lastname@example.org) and schedule a time to come in! Everyone is warmly welcomed to join us!
When you come to The Repurpose Project to volunteer:
- Wear clothes you don’t mind getting dirty
- Wear sturdy closed-toe shoes
- Bring gloves if you wear them (we have some extra!)
- Bring a water bottle or snacks
Some examples of volunteer activities are:
- Rough sorting materials
- Fabric and craft sorting / packaging / folding
- Jewelry tagging / organization
- Candy shoppe organization
- Hardware sorting / packaging
- Electronics sorting / testing
- Garden propagation and landscape beautification
- Furniture repair
- Creative projects to beautify the store and exemplify the waste problems created by single use plastics
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with us!